Re: [Usability] Response times

Soeren Sandmann wrote:

The stuff I have been able to google up generally agrees about the
order of magnitude, but I can't find much real research on the
subject.

The most notable one is:

Miller, R.B. (1968). Response time in man-computer conversational transactions. Proc. AFIPS Sprint Joint Computer Conference. Vol 33, 267-277.

Nielsen's "Usability Engineering" also cites:

Card, S.K et al. (1991) The information visualizer: An information workspace. Proc. ACM CHI '91 Conf. (New Orleans, LA, 28 April-2 May), 181-188.

Cheeri,
Calum.