Re: [Usability] notification - design proposal

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Chris Altmann wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Chris Altmann <altmann surewest net>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] notification - design proposal
>
> What MS has planned for Longhorn "Notifications" maybe of some
> inspirational use:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/Longhorn/understanding/ux/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnaero/html/wux_topic_alerts.asp

These seem like a follow on to the 'useful but non-essentail' notification
features seen in Micrsoft Office XP Edition, which (I was told) do not
take focus and interrupt your typing and go away if you ignore them (but
isn't that what the status bar is for I thought!).

- Alan