Re: [Usability] Re: [Gimp-developer] Redo shortcut (was: Undo shortcut)

(Forwarded to usability gnome org since one of the CC's was incorrect.)

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 11:39:44PM +0200, David Neary wrote:
> Nathan Carl Summers wrote:
> > I agree.  Gimp's undo and redo feature differs from many other programs in
> > that when comparing subtle changes it is useful to switch rapidly between
> > the "before" and "after" views, while for a program such as a word
> > processor, that is probably not a useful thing to do.  This being the
> > case, this particular need of GIMP users was probably not considered by
> > the HIG.
<snip>

It sounds like the GIMP needs a Compare function, perhaps as a special view.
It could afford more, and more detailed, comparisons as well as animated
comparisons. The Adobe Photoshop "Variations" feature might be suitable
as a preliminary design.

If there's a GIMP developer near or passing through Louisiana, I'll
gladly meet with you to discuss design considerations for the GIMP.
I can probably meet with someone near Miami, FL too, since I have family
there; but I need a good reason for the travel expense. (He said, as if
going home, to the food, and to the beaches wasn't enough.) There's a very
good chance I'll be in Boston next Summer for a short while too.

Cheers,
Greg