[Usability] Re: Proposal for notification area (Magnus Bergman)

> Yes, that was exactly my idea about how it should be done. There are
Good! Just do it in a right order:)

> 1) Coming up with a standard for cross environment *persistent monitors*
>    (temporary monitors won't be supported and I see no reasonable way to
>    support them either). It would make very much sense to get in touch
>    with freedesktop.org about this. But it doesn't feel like I'm the
>    right person for doing this (but I will possibly try to do my best
>    if no one else volunteers). It might be a good idea to get in touch
>    with some gkrellm people too? With their expertise this can be really
>    great.

> 2) Coming up with a completely new standard for notification areas.
>    Something that can (and should) be used by all environments. One can
>    not be sure, but I really hope that all of them whats something that
>    ends this nightmare, over something that mimics the behaviour of
>    windows. (Doing it like Microsoft does is often considered better
>    than doing it the best way currently known to man.)
Yes. Absolutely agree. But do not start implementing 2 before getting
working implementation of 1 for GNOME please. I mean - just do not leave
application in the position "already cannot use Notification Area but
cannot use Monitor Area yet"

Regards,

--
Sergey

Description: =?koi8-r?Q?=FC=D4=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=DE=C1=D3=D4=D8?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D3=CF=CF=C2=DD=C5=CE=C9=D1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=C1=CE=C1?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=C3=C9=C6=D2=CF=D7=CF=CA?= =?koi8-r?Q?_=D0=CF=C4=D0=C9=D3=D8=C0?=