Re: [Usability] The Window List Applet

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 01:48:18PM +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 19:52, Gregory Merchan wrote:
>
> > How about having only the minimized windows there?
>
> Yes, that would work for me, but of course I'm only a single data
> point.  Funnily enough, I was using CDE again there this morning, which
> reminded me that in a dim and distant unix desktop past, windows were
> routinely minimized to desktop icons, and raised windows had no other
> representation... almost exactly the same as you've just suggested,
> except with the icons on a taskbar rather than scattered around the
> desktop :)

But, Calum, you're also the _only_ data point for switching my proposal
around. ;-) As the links Havoc gave show, there are indeed others who
would like an icon box.

So . . . who wants to write something that represents iconified windows on the
desktop?  I can think of a couple of evil hacks that might work.  >:-)

Cheers,
Greg

P.S. - still working on another reply in this thread, decided to go ahead
       and send this one on.