Re: [Usability] The Window List Applet

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 17:00, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> My idea for the window list is very simple: hide the names of minimized
> windows leaving just their icons showing in smaller buttons. Full names
> remain available in the tooltips, as they are now.  Because many apps are
> run maximized and obscure all other windows, minimizing rarely reduces
> clutter at all. Shrinking the buttons leaves space available for the buttons
> of the windows the user is more likely to want at the time - those that are
> not minimized.

I kind of like the idea, but it sounds completely the wrong way around
to me :)  I almost exclusively use the window list to restore minimized
windows... I never need it to raise non-minimized windows, as I can
already see parts of those and just click on them.

So personally I'd much rather have the raised windows in the truncated
buttons, and the minimized windows in regular-sized ones :)

Cheeri,
Calum.