Re: [Usability] Re: [Gimp-developer] Redo shortcut (was: Undo shortcut)

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 18:13, Calum Benson wrote:

> Whimsical muse: since there are almost no other gtk/GNOME apps that use
> Redo (and the only one I can think of doesn't use Ctrl-Shift-Z either),
> it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that we might end up changing
> the HIG to whatever you decide anyway :)

It sounds like my whimsy may have been interpreted a little less
whimsically than intended, so let me clarify... the HIG team are
unlikely to change any already-published guidelines without a very good
reason, and I would strongly suggest that it's still in everybody's
interests to follow the currently-recommended shortcuts where possible,
not least (in this case) for people like myself who frequently have to
use Photoshop as well, let alone other gtk/GNOME apps!

My comment was purely based on my recollection of some agonization over
the choice of shortcut for Redo, and if it turned out that nobody was
going to implement it then it would be churlish not to reconsider.
However, it would certainly be premature to do that on the basis of the
couple of applications I've used which have a Redo feature at all,
especially as one of them wouldn't suffer in the least from implementing
the recommended shortcut anyway.

In the meantime I fully endorse all GIMP HIG-ification efforts,
especially as I'm using it more ofen than ever now :)

Cheeri,
Calum.