Re: [Usability] File Chooser Dialog

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 18:21, Luis Villa wrote:

> Seriously? Like, shouldn't the file selector be so obvious that it not
> need a help button?

Actually, reading it again, he didn't quite say it should have a Help
button, he said:

"Just one comment: Although most users should not need online
assistance to use a file chooser, I hope that the chooser's
redesign enables applications to provide such assistance,
especially as inline help (help text displayed directly
in the UI).  Such help might be needed if applications
customize the file chooser."

However as it seems we don't want to allow much in the way of
customisation and the GNOME docs team frown upon inline help, I would
suggest this probably isn't a high priority :)

Cheeri,
Calum.