[Usability] Suggestion - window resizing

I'm not sure where to send this suggestion so if this isn't
the right place maybe you can forward it.

Would it be possible to add two buttons next to the minimize
and maximize buttons that would maximize horizontally and
maximize vertically as seperate functions? Sometimes you need
a wide window without needing to take up the full screen
heigth and sometimes, as with a list, you need a tall window
but without the full width. I think these would be handy
additions and I'm wondering if there's some reason that
they're not already there. A keyboard shortcut to do the same
thing would be nice, too.

Dale Rooney