Re: [Usability] Re: UI debugging with grep

I suppose the button text should really be "I Acknowledge", but in some
cases that might make the button larger than the alert or dialog itself
-- which is probably why "OK" got the job in the first place :)

I imagine that "OK" is easier to translate too.

I can understand the user's frustration though, in cases like that
quoted in the example below. Perhaps a suitable alternative would be
"Dismiss"? The acknowledgement is implicit in the action of clicking the
Dismiss button. I think "Dismiss" does not have the ambiguity of "Close"
-- the user would understand that they are dismissing the alert or
dialog, not the parent application.

But this is just a personal opinion, I'm not a usability expert --
perhaps someone will correct this supposition!

Regards,
Breda.