[Usability] Gnome and OpenOffice problem

I am using Gnome under SuSE 8.2. I cannot get Gnome to associate files
with OpenOffice 1.0.2.

When I click on an OpenOffice document, and right click on the Open With
and then the application prompt, I get a window that includes acurately
the extension, the mime type -- application/vnd.sun.xml.writer.template
-- and Category -- Documents/Word Processor. It also has the proper
application to run -- home/user/OpenOffice.org/program/soffice. Yet,
after I save that information, I still can't get Gnome to call up
OpenOffice with that document loaded!

I have no similar problem under KDE, but I prefer to use Gnome.

Please help!

Dennis Tuchler <tuchledj slu edu>
--
Dennis Tuchler <dtuchler earthlink net>