Re: [Usability]Dealing with files in Gnome

Hello Mark,

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, MArk Finlay wrote:

> mmm, well that is slightly different as it effects opening a folder as
> well. I think that folders should be shown in the same window but files
> should be opened in a new window.

I agree this could work well in practice, but my gut feeling tells me it
could be difficult to defend this distinction from a theoretical point of
view.

> Also it would open in the internal nautilus viewer in some cases, and if
> you're going to open in a new window you might as well use a stand alone
> viewer.

Then you're throwing the generic bonobo container idea overboard. That
just *has* to have some useful purpose, right? We just haven't found it
yet...

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778