[Usability]Re: Toolbar editor

Hi,

mpeseng tin it writes:

> Toolbar items costumization is listed as a requirement in the
> Toolbars section of the HIG and it's part of the toolbar GEP.  I was
> assuming it was a Good Thing ;)

I was pretty excited about the toolbar code that was presented lately
and considered to include it into The GIMP. However when I asked some
of our users, almost of all them said they don't want to see this
change. The toolbar I was proposing looked as outlined by the HIG and
noone out there liked it. Arguments against it were that it uses too
much screen estate and that users seem to prefer to see all tools
visible at the same time. Noone of the people I asked said that they
would want to hide particular groups of tools. Tool grouping was
considered to be a good thing but everyone disliked the labels since
they use too much space.

Just wanted to let you know ...

Salut, Sven