Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:25:36AM -0800, Jeffrey Baker wrote:
> How can you replace Quit and still be highly usable?  In
> my personal view, the user should be able to Quit any
> application and GNOME will take care of it.  Quit should
> close all the windows and exit the process while saving
> state.  If I Quit Galeon, for example, the application
> should exit, freeing all its memory, etc.  When I start it
> again, it should restore exactly the state it had before I
> exited.

On the state-saving side, note that windows should be saving their
position and other state (for document-based apps, they should be
doing this per-document, for nautilus per-folder).

We're having some trouble implementing this well, but it's how it
should work.

Havoc