[Usability]Usability and how far Gnome developers take it

Hi all,

I'm am new to the Mailing list, and just wanted to introduce myself to
you all. I'm a 2nd year Uni student (Bristol UWE, UK) studying Computing
and Information Systems which includes a module on Human Computer
Interaction. I'm also a user of Linux, with an LFS distro, and some
Gnome apps.

Basically I am interested in promoting Open Source software to Joe
Public, and feel that Usability of OSS is a stumbling block in getting
users across. I aim to give any help I can towards improving Usability.

I am currently reading the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines (very
interesting and useful for my course. Thanks!) and have read through the
Usability Slide show on the website.

I was just wondering how far Usability is taken by Gnome Developers in
following the guidelines which have been defined? How much testing goes
on, and what type?

Thanks

--
Craig March