[Usability] Re: Patches improving tree view (multi-root and auto-follow)

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 12:05, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 10:43, Roberto Rosselli Del Turco wrote:
> > Jürg Billeter wrote:

> > A possible solution could be leaving the Tree element as it is now, i.e.
> > adding an expandable icon for every root under the folder currently
> > pointing to / and some separators to make things more clear. Icons
> > should be a little bigger, too, to improve legibility.
> Perhaps it's finally really the best solution but I don't want to miss a
> trial. Perhaps we could make the root nodes in bold text or something
> like that.

I also suspect that having multiple roots will be the best solution.
However, that doesn't rule out that we should do some experimenting and
thinking about alternative solution.

Looking at other file managers do and what people here think it seems
like multiple roots and tree-follows-view behaviour is the current
"best" solution. But lets do some more thinking before finalizing this.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an ungodly voodoo waffle chef trapped in a world he never made. She's a
foxy mutant politician with a song in her heart and a spring in her step. They
fight crime!