Re: Most used and Recently Used [was Re: [Usability] New way of accessing software (WAS: Re: Big Panel menus (32x32))]

Alan Horkan writes:

Wouldn't be cool if recent documents (and even appplications maybe) was an
autogenerated list based on a filesystem metadata search of the 10 most
recently used files by a user. (/me has been dreaming of reiserfs's
potential here).

What David suggests would undoubtedly be useful but I want to make
absolutely clear that he is talking about _most_used_ where as in the near
future I would very much like to see _recently_used_ which is useful in
quite a differnt way.

Actually what I was suggesting is using (non-existant in most filesystems) filesystem metadata to store information about when a file was last accessed by a specific user, and using this information to generate most recently used, most oftenly used. etc. I think i'm just daydreaming out loud :p
dave