[Usability] Galeon (in Ximian2 )and probably all GTK2 versions

I recently updated my gnome desktop and a GTK2 version of Galeon was
included, but it lacked somewhat in usability.

In previous versions there was a Proxy submenu in the Web main menu, so
you could switch on or off your proxy-settings. I think this (and many
others) feature was one of the big advantages of galeon if compared to
other browsers. My question, shouldn't it be available in the gtk2
version as well. To be honest I lose a lot of usability because of the
disappearance of that one feature.

example:
Previous when I configured my router I unzapped the proxy feature so I
wouldn't get any complaints and altered stuff.

now I have to enter preferences - zap to network settings, close all the
settings windows... do my stuff an revert to the original if I want to
surf again.

Sorry, but not all people have a direct connection to the internet so
the need for such an option is bigger then you might expect.

Short:

Re-implement the |Web - Proxies| option menu like it was in previous
versions, it's a necessity.

Just my $.02,
Koen Hufkens