Re: [Usability] [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup

Hello Dom,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

[Alan Horkan]
> > It impacts on performance and is not really necessary.

Impacts performance? What, are we still using 360K floppies for saving our
documents?

> > Besides, (depending on compile time options) if abiword crashes a
> > Document.CRASHED file will be created so you wont lose any data.

What if the computer crashes? Will I still not lose any data?

> I'm going to have to agree with Alan. Auto-save is not an obvious thing
> to have enabled and can have undesirable side-effects.

I'd go as far as to say that anything BUT auto-save is non-obvious. I'll
leave it to mpt to explain this:

http://mpt.phrasewise.com/2002/03/11#a146

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778