Re: [Usability] Re: CDDB Properties Dialog

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 19:21, David Adam Bordoley wrote:

> The funny thing is that i'm pretty sure the original draft HIG had try
> instead of "Apply but that seemed to miraculously change around the time
> frameless frames were added to the HIG without explination.

Indeed the remnants of both are still present in that section-- the
screenshot shows an "Apply" button, but the text says:

"[Cancel] must undo the effects of all applications of the Try button
since the window was opened, not just the most recent one."

My hazy recollection is that it was "Try" right up to the last minute,
when Seth and I decided during the final rush to get something out the
door that Apply would be more consistent with every other platform.
Given that it's actually meant to behave differently to every other
platform's Apply button though (in that it doesn't permanently change
the settings unless you subsequently click OK), perhaps in hindsight
difference was merited.

So which should we choose for v1.2 of the HIG (which we'd kind of like
to roughly coincide with the release of GNOME 2.4...)?

Cheeri,
Calum.