[Usability] Re: EggToolbar

Hi there,

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 10:49, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> Was a real call made about this ? According to Dave Bordoley it was
> simply decided priority text was not a good default, but that it
> should have been kept as an option.

	Depending on whom you talk to it either does or doesn't make sense.
IMHO it's the only sane option for a lot of toolbars. If you think that
"labels are bad for usability because they take up space that could be
used for other icons" Tog apparently disagrees with you:
   http://www.asktog.com/columns/022DesignedToGiveFitts.html

	I'd very much like to have the priority text feature in the gtk+
toolbar, not only for LAF compatibility, but also - if at some future
date, after a vast flamewar it's determined to not be a sane thing -
it's easy to bin it in the apps; whereas adding it into gtk+ later is
not feasible for API stability reasons.

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot