Re: [Usability] Themus usability

> Hmm, that would probably work for most cases, although it doesn't handle
> the "yuck, let me try another one-- oh no, that one's even worse"
> scenario, in which reverting the "even worse" theme presumably just gets
> you back to the "yuck" one, with no way of getting back from there to
> your original other theme than remembering what it was called.  Smells
> like a bit of a hack to cover up for a missing feature though :) (I.e.
> some sort of proper undo/revert/rollback framework for preferences.)

I thought about it while writing it, too. The only other alternative I can
think of (an easy one, that is) is to have the selection be called
"yesterday's theme," and have it display exactly that. Of course, then the
problem simply becomes one of time. If I changed the theme three days ago,
and I haven't been at the computer since...

As for this being a hack, that's precisely what it is :) I was under the
impression that we're in a freeze right now, so the aim is to get
something that's better than no option at all, but won't take too long to
code.

> Novel as Themus is, I think the lesson here could yet turn out to be
> "file managers don't make good preferences windows"...

On how to *not* do this: Under Windows, you have the context-sensitive
menu in all browsers that allows you to set the current image as the
desktop background. This results in an entry in the display properties
called $BrowserName Background.
Should you change that image using the same browser, there is no way of
reverting.

Dan