Re: [Usability] Themus usability

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 17:49, Dan Zlotnikov wrote:

> Create a copy of the user's theme settings when they choose to apply a new
> theme. Add it to the list of themes, and call it something like
> "last_working_theme."
>
> That way, if I select a new theme and something goes kablooey on me, I can
> just revert to the last theme I used.

Hmm, that would probably work for most cases, although it doesn't handle
the "yuck, let me try another one-- oh no, that one's even worse"
scenario, in which reverting the "even worse" theme presumably just gets
you back to the "yuck" one, with no way of getting back from there to
your original other theme than remembering what it was called.  Smells
like a bit of a hack to cover up for a missing feature though :) (I.e.
some sort of proper undo/revert/rollback framework for preferences.)

Novel as Themus is, I think the lesson here could yet turn out to be
"file managers don't make good preferences windows"...

Cheeri,
Calum.