Re: [Usability] Evolution 2.0

<quote who="Ali Akcaagac">

> I think these mockups are contraproductive to what the usability team
> tries to achive within GNOME and I am a bit worried why Ximian is not
> following the HIG and the usability recommendations of GNOME in general.
> While the pictures DO look nice, they on the otherhand are in no way HIG
> compliant.

Note that end user applications such as Gnumeric, Evolution, Abiword and
friends are really on the bleeding edge of defining GNOME user interface
standards. The HIG covers some conceptual issues, stylistic issues and
consistency, but has not yet grappled with the kinds of questions raised by
integrated end-user information applications, such as web browsers, mail and
calendar applications, spreadsheets, word processors, etc. That's not a
failure of the HIG though; we just haven't scaled that far yet. Microsoft
has a design guide/ethic for their Office applications - we need one too. :)

So, I think the Evolution team are already doing an awesome job tackling the
next big question for GNOME user interface standards: "What about the apps?"

- Jeff

     "If I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space." - Neil
                          Finn, Try Whistling This