Re: [Usability] Re: Standardizing Find and Replace windows

Dan Zlotnikov wrote:
:
: I don't object to the idea of the audio bell, merely request it not be the
: standard "beep." And yes, that will create problems in systems that don't
: have an audio card. Which might mean a speedy demise to the audio idea,
: who knows?
:

Just don't use the term "beep", use term "bell" instead.  "Beep"
tethered to the single tone sound in our mentality.  "Bell"...  Yes,
"bell" also have some tethers, but less hard.

What will symbolyse this "bell" -- another question.  The man with two small
flags, for example, if you use Flag Semaphore as output device ;-)

As consequence, no "audio idea" exists at all -- exists the "bell idea".
Repeat -- "bell" is not necessarily _audio_ signal and, of cource, not
necessarily "one cannel" signal.  For exapmle we can have bell that can
work over 3 channels: system beep over speaker in the computer's system
block, customizable sound over audio card and some customizable video
effect (visual bell).  The idea is not limited to the these three --
just these these are mainly common...

--
Andrew W. Nosenko    (awn bcs zp ua)