Re: [Usability][De]Select All and Select menus

On 28 Jan 2003, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Hey Lars,
>
> I'm curious what sort of select items you have in the menu? As Alan
> says, its ok to bend the guidelines a little (especially some menu
> stuff) in special cases. For example, some apps might have a seperate
> "Find" menu, if its very important to them. But nonetheless, I am
> curious about the sort of selection modes you need, and I'm a little
> concerned that it could be indicative of a confusing underlying issue.

All
None
Invert
Connected
Transitive
Same Type
---------
Replace
Union
Intersect
Remove
Invert

I'm considered adding also By Properties and a few other ways.  In
structured diagrams, there are many ways to select things, and for a big
enough diagram, these become essential.

-Lars