Re: [Usability]sft+ctl+w v. ctl+q

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:29:19 +0100 (CET)
> From: Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl>
> To: Ernst De Ridder <hnridder informatik uni-rostock de>
> Cc: GNOME Usability List <usability gnome org>
> Subject: Re: [Usability]sft+ctl+w v. ctl+q
>
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Ernst De Ridder wrote:
>
> > Do we really need a ctrl-W for closing a window? Normally the window
> > manager already has a hotkey for doing that.

> > And using ctrl-Q for quitting doesn't really make me happy either; it's
> > just to easy to type it accidentally. I would prefer something like
> > shift-ctrl-Q.

I would be inclined to use Shift+Ctrl+Q for Force Quit without saving.

I think the current defaults based on the HIG are the best answer for the
most people.

It would be nice (but hard work to implement) if you could set up you own
personal defaults like Shift+Ctrl+Q and have applications inherit them
rather than having make changes for each and every application.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan.