Re: [Usability] Downloads recommendation

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 05:00, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> we experimented with a different downloader design with 1.2. While I
> think we reached some interesting results, it doesnt seem to be mature
> enough to actually make 1.2. Maybe you can help us solving the problems
> or showing us that we are going in a wrong direction.
> Safari behavior is very similar and I'm somewhat surprised given the
> number of the issue it raise. Maybe our implementation is just not
> mature enough ...

I wonder if it would make sense when a file is downloaded to automatically
open (or raise) the filemanager window showing the downloads directory -- rather than
a separate "downloads" window of the web browser -- so that all normal
filemanager operations could immediately be performed on the new file
(preview, rename, move it to a different directory, double-click to open,
open with different app, delete, etc).

It seems like that would have a lot of power for frequent downloaders,
be very quick for downloading multiple files, while at the same time not
introducing anything additional to learn for newcomers.

Bng
--
Boris Goldowsky