Re: [Usability] Launcher Dialogs

Hi Mark,
	You're right, creating/editing launchers really sucks right now:

 + A dialog for creating a launcher should only have "Name", "Command",
   "Icon" and "Run in Terminal"[1]

 + GnomeDitemEdit has always seemed more like a widget for someone
   who wants to write/edit .desktop files rather than user's who
   want to stick a launcher on their panel.

 + The "Add to Panel" dialog has the feel of an assistant when adding
   an existing launcher. I think creating a new launcher should fit
   into that assistant feel too.

 + We should consider files/folders on the panel separately. Its a
   difficult problem, but ultimately I'd like each panel to be used
   just like a Nautilus folder.

 + I don't think we need a properties tab for launchers in Nautilus.
   Rather, if its .desktop file it could have an entry for the command
   under the "Name" entry, "Select Custom Icon" would become "Select
   Icon" and it would operate on the .desktop instead of the
   metadata[2] and you might also have a checkbox for "Run in Terminal".

Good Luck,
Mark.

[1] - Also possible "Use Startup Notification".
[2] - Hmm, maybe if you didn't have permissions it should give you
      "Select Custom Icon"