[Usability] Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox tray icon - again

Douglas McMorris wrote:

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 21:34, Colin Walters wrote:
<snip>

2) I think it's a bad idea to do this on left click.  It should happen
via a context menu where the user has some clue about what's going on. Also, I think it would be good to change the tray icon somehow to let
the user know the window is hidden.
<snip>

 I do see that hiding the window the first
time a user clicks on it would be a bit of a dramatic experience,
perhaps a warning dialog like aim or wmp use in windows when minimizing
to the systray would help.
I have another idea. I think if we had two different icons for the notification area (currently the music note icon) that would make both the newbie and experienced user's life easy. I mean have different icon for when the rb window is showed and when its hidden. This should make it easy for somebody to see that left clicking on the icon changes the state. Even if you decide to pop-up the rb menu on lft click, it still will be useful to have a slightly changed icons for the 2 states.
HTH
Spundun