Re: [Usability]Test or analysis needed: Automatic completion

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 14:31, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> For this reason alone I'm sure the a11y team would prefer the epiphany
> style.

Yeah, there was a thread on gnome-hackers last September where we talked
about the usability/a11y merits of each style, and ended up concluding
the Mozilla way (as it was described then) was the way to go, possibly
with a bit of keynav love. Relevant part of the thread starts about
here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-September/msg00214.html

I also posted a link at the time to this email from Microsoft's Scott
Berkun, explaining how and why they tweaked the address bar in IE in
response to user testing (essentially to behave the same way as Mozilla,
IIRC):
http://www.listserv.acm.org/archives/wa.cgi?A2=ind0011B&L=chi-web&P=R8687

Cheeri,
Calum.