Re: [Usability]Dealing with files in Gnome

I don't particularly fancy to jump into the copy/cut/paste
discussion, but there is one little detail that I havn't seen
commented anywhere...

In Windows there is actually a small visual cue when you cut a
file. The file gets hidden, which (if you have the /right/
settings) shows up as a 50% transparent icon. Now, if you don't
paste it anywhere (or for example cut another file), the file
returns to its original "unhidden" state. So, the cut operation
is lossless and cannot be used for deleting files.

Cheers,

/Per

PS. Not cross-posting as I'm not subscribing to the other lists.

--
Per Cederberg, Software Consultant
http://www.percederberg.net/software