Re: [Usability]Tree view pref

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 02:51:06PM -0400, Dave Bordoley wrote:
<snip>
> On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 13:49, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> >
> > Wasn't the tree view supposed to become a complete normal view,
> > like the bookmarks view in a web browser?  That would at least
> > make menu editing much easier.
>
> Several people have mentioned that they would like this (including me).
> I think if we had such a treeview, I would definately use it, and I
> agree it could make editing menus easier (didn't calum once mention that
> as well?) The problem is that no one has offered to implement it (i
> thought about trying to figure out how to do it from the sidebar tree
> code, but my skills are too week :( ) Greg you volunteering? hint
> hint...

Eep! No.

I've taken an indefinite hiatus from . . . non-work computers.
Two (really lame) hurricanes came my way and left me too much free time;
therefore I've been making a nuisance of myself again. ;-)

Even so, I don't know nautilus or the tree widgets well enough. From
what I recall, there was something in libegg that was being developed
for the nautilus tree view. It'd take me at least three weeks to get
to know all the parts, and I don't know that I'd be ready then to work
on it.

Sorry,
Greg Merchan