Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 18:17, Alan Horkan wrote:

> You should be able to do just about anything albeit in a slower and
> clunkier manner with only a mouse or only a keyboard.  This situation may
> seem contrived but most tests are, and it helps you to understand what it
> would be like to try and use a computer if you had some sort of reduced
> accesibility.

I would go further than that-- these days, you should be able to do
everything with only a mouse or only a keyboard, with the exception in
the latter case of tasks that do inherently require freeform gestural
input (like paint programs-- although Art Studio was perfectly usable on
the ZX Spectrum before mice were even available for it!).  And the
spirit (and possibly even the letter, I don't have it in front of me) of
the ADA 508 accessibility requirements is pretty much that the "keyboard
way", or any other accessible way of doing things must not be
unnecessarily 'slower or clunkier' than using any other input device.

Cheeri,
Calum.