Re: [Usability]UI Review - Window Preferences dialog

On Sun, 2002-11-24 at 16:53, Eugene O'Connor wrote:
> Here are the notes I took from the UI review on 21 Nov 02.
>
> We looked at the following application:
> http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~gfoster/ui-review/TWO/preference-dialogs/Screenshot-Gnome-window-properties.png
>
> Here are the suggested changes:
>
> * Change the modifier keys drop-down list to radio buttons
> * Merge the prefs in this dialog with the window behavior prefs if not already done
> * Change the spin box to a slider
> * The following label changes:
> s/Select windows when the mouse moves over them/Point to window to select the window
> s/Raise selected windows after a brief time/Raise selected windows after interval
> s/Tenths of a second before raising the window/Interval [slider] milliseconds

Note that this conversion to milliseconds would require a code change,
as well as changing what the gconf value meant. Which would probably
introduce problems with upgrading as well, when an old gconf value is
used to mean milliseconds instead of tenths of a second.

--
Andrew