Re: [Usability]<What's this?> button

> <quote who="Calum Benson">
>
> > So my pessimistic guess is that an idea like this would take too much
> > effort to ever work really well in GNOME, given that not all GNOME hackers
> > are known for their dedication to writing documentation, and a fair number
> > of the rest of us are just crap at it ;)

and Jeff sez:

> I strongly, vehemently, and violently disagree.
>
> Our documentation team is top notch. They kick *so* much arse. If we build a
> framework to help them add these hints to our applications (similar to the
> way that i18n works), and hopefully integrate them with existing formats, we
> substantially improve their efficiency, visibility *and* our documentation.
>
> We should keep this on the agenda.
>
> - Jeff

Well, I agree with Jeff that we should consider the suggestion of a What's This
button on the merits of the functionality, rather than on the grounds that this
is difficult to implement on the documentation level.

Is this suggestion really about context-sensitive Help? Could well have
usability and accessibility advantages...

Pat