Re: [Usability]<What's this?> button

Hello Axel,

On 19 Nov 2002, axel c wrote:

> Yes, that's pretty much the idea, though that seems like an 'active
> guidance' to me (which would also be a great idea, what about an

Correct, WarpGuide is a so-called UI agent. If you're interested, some
time ago I wrote a small paper on the subject, you can find it at
http://www.cs.vu.nl/~reinout/Intelligent_User_Interface_Agents.pdf .

> 'assistant' like office's assistants: a friendly gnome, with beard and
> hat and all, coming up and giving tips and help to the user?)

You'd better put on your fire-resistant suit before saying things like
that out loud. Anyhow, in a lot of languages the creatures you're talking
about aren't called "gnome", and before trying to make this, first ask the
question why the currently available help system doesn't fulfill the need.

regards,

--

Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778