Re: [Usability]Re: [Galeon-devel] Galeon feature implementation

tis 2002-11-05 klockan 02.26 skrev Philip Langdale:
> I'm going to stick to replying to Ricardo's message to expand on my
> previous words; mostly because the rest of this thread has unfortunately
> degraded into an arguement over whether to have the feature or not,
> which *is not* the matter at hand. I'm seeking ideas for optimal
> implementation, that is what usability is all about right?

Looking at the bigger picture is certainly a part of usability and
interface design. It might not always be about removing features,
sometimes it can just as well be about adding a feature to help users
use the interface. But you shouldn't expect usability people/interface
designers to never question the inclusion of a certain feature. That's
part of what they're there for.

Compare it with the engineering/design/production scenario of physical
artifacts. A designer/engineer should expect the production engineer to
question not only the arrangement but also the inclusion of some
features if it will make the unit more expensive or even impossible to
produce. That's what they're there for.

Christian