Re: [Usability]HIG proposal - "(Modified)"

From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
Date: 01 Nov 2002 11:23:47 -0500

Janne Mor=C3=A9n <jan moren lucs lu se> writes:
>=20
> Won't that need to be supported at the WM level? And won't it then
> require 'locking in' to one WM only - generating somewhat justified
> howls of outrage among a fairly large segment of users?
>=20

It would need WM support, but that doesn't mean lockin, if you have a
well-defined spec for how it works. We already require a huge set of=20
extra WM features:
 http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/

But the point is that any WM can implement them, because there's a
well-defined documented spec.

Havoc