[Usability]Re: toolbar issues
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Jorn Baayen <jorn nl linux org>, nautilus-list gnome org, galeon-devel lists sourceforge net, usability gnome org, bonobo <gnome-components-list gnome org>, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Subject: [Usability]Re: toolbar issues
- Date: 27 May 2002 09:55:38 +0100
On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 19:18, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > Any ideas on how best to do it short of a gdk_window_set_back_pixmap in
> > BonoboPlug on the plug's GdkWindow ? and possibly also in the socket.
> You need it on the socket too. Every GdkWindow between the component
> (including the component i assume) has to have ParentRelative.
> I think if you modify the style so the background is "<parent>" it uses
> ParentRelative. It might even be possible to test this by only modifying
> the .gtkrc-2.0 file.
I've had a fairly extensive go at poking the style file:
class "GtkSocket" style "foo"
class "BonoboSocket" style "foo"
class "GtkPlug" style "foo"
class "BonoboPlug" style "foo"
And at adding code to knobble the various gdk_windows as they are
created, setting back_pixmap (win, NULL, TRUE); all to no avail
whatsoever - any ideas what's going wrong ? - perhaps something overly
cunning in what the dock does with GdkWindows ?
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev