[Usability]Re: toolbar issues

Hi Alex,

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 19:18, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > 	Any ideas on how best to do it short of a gdk_window_set_back_pixmap in
> > BonoboPlug on the plug's GdkWindow ? and possibly also in the socket.
>
> You need it on the socket too. Every GdkWindow between the component
> (including the component i assume) has to have ParentRelative.
>
> I think if you modify the style so the background is "<parent>" it uses
> ParentRelative. It might even be possible to test this by only modifying
> the .gtkrc-2.0 file.

	I've had a fairly extensive go at poking the style file:

style "foo"
{
	bg_pixmap[NORMAL]="<parent>"
	bg_pixmap[ACTIVE]="<parent>"
	bg_pixmap[PRELIGHT]="<parent>"
	bg_pixmap[SELECTED]="<parent>"
	bg_pixmap[INSENSITIVE]="<parent>"
}
class "GtkSocket" style "foo"
class "BonoboSocket" style "foo"
class "GtkPlug" style "foo"
class "BonoboPlug" style "foo"

	And at adding code to knobble the various gdk_windows as they are
created, setting back_pixmap (win, NULL, TRUE); all to no avail
whatsoever - any ideas what's going wrong ? - perhaps something overly
cunning in what the dock does with GdkWindows ?

	Regards,

		Michael.