[Usability]Re: toolbar issues

On 22 May 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 15:20, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > The busted part is the background of the widget not being lined up with
> > the parents background, thus looking bad. And this still happens with
> > jorns patch. This may be solvable by getting all widgets involved to have
> > parent-relative backgrounds.
>
> 	Yes - we can presumably override the style for in-proc BonoboSockets -
> at least, that is assuming that that is the problem. I'd be interested
> to know if an XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap (..ParentRelative ... ) will
> work for foreign X windows as well - one might expect not but perhaps
>
> 	Any ideas on how best to do it short of a gdk_window_set_back_pixmap in
> BonoboPlug on the plug's GdkWindow ? and possibly also in the socket.

You need it on the socket too. Every GdkWindow between the component
(including the component i assume) has to have ParentRelative.

I think if you modify the style so the background is "<parent>" it uses
ParentRelative. It might even be possible to test this by only modifying
the .gtkrc-2.0 file.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a leather-clad hunchbacked photographer with acid for blood. She's a
plucky goth pearl diver who don't take no shit from nobody. They fight crime!