Re: [Usability]Re: Taskbar should show tasks on all workspaces bydefault

Why don't we try and address this issue in the help for now? As the
current author of the online help for both the Workspace Switcher and
the Window List, I can update both manuals to make it absolutely clear
that there is a direct link between the tasks shown in the Window List
and the workspace that the user is currently in. If a user accidentally
switches to another workspace and panics over the fact that their tasks
are no longer visible in Window List, the help will explain what's going
on.

I agree that having all tasks from all workspaces visible in the Window
List by default would be extremely messy and I also think it would
defeat the purpose of the Workspace Switcher. I also think that removing
the Workspace Switcher from the panel by default is a very drastic step
when we don't seem to be sure that there is a real problem in the first
place.

Regards,
Irene