Re: [Usability]widget style vs window decoration, (was "cheat to window-manager integration")

--- Daniel Borgmann <daniel liebesgedichte net> wrote:
> "Controls" is better
> > in this case since you can make the connection to
> real-world controls
> > (real buttons, levers etc.).
>
> Instead of arguing, shouldn't we take a break and
> discuss about the term
> "controls"? If we all agree that this is the right
> wording, this would
> pretty much solve this issue, right? I think
> "Controls" or "Control
> Elements" would be pretty neat indeed.
> Desktop Preferences -> Themes (or Appearance) ->
> (Tab) Control Elements

"Control Elements" is ambiguous though, because
"control" is both a noun and a verb. The menu item
could be referring to controlling some bunch of
elements rather than to the elements of the GUI used
for control.