Re: [Usability]Name the font option

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 17:12, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> I qgree fixed with font is probably the best of all the bad choices we have
> for this font. Hopefully some good documentation though will help with the
> lack of a good term though.

Another opinion, from one of our docs guys (well okay, it's from Irene,
so "docs gal" in this case I guess...):

"For what it's worth, searches on Google for these terms give the
following results:

>  Terminal font (2,400)
>  Monospace font (9,770)
>  Monospaced font (19,400)
>  Fixed width font (69,100)
>  Typewriter font (10,400)

I know that the results can be misleading but they are usually
indicative of current popular usage of terms. In the above search, fixed
width font is by far the most commonly-used term and I think it captures
the option best. I think it should be hyphenated though, ie.
"fixed-width font".

"The only other name I can think of for the option is "command line
font" but it might be a bit limiting."

Cheeri,
Calum.