Re: [Usability]GNOME 2.0 feedback

On Fri, 2002-07-19 at 01:50, BioChem333 wrote:

[..]

> > "(Overall) the biggest problem I see is the poor useability. It drives me (a
> > patient and long-suffering beta tester) up the wall. I see no prospect
> > whatsoever of our scientists or secretaries ever getting to grips with
> > it."
>
> Not to mention those of us who thought GNOME 1.4 was great. I think a
> usability study on 1.4 to 2.0 transition would help a lot.

I agree, Ive been using Gnome2 since the first Offical Beta, an
generally I enjoy using it, but I do find it very unfriendly compared to
1.4,
It seems to have gotten harder to use and with less options to configure
(which was part of the usability test's AFAIC, but they could of kept
them in the advanced menus or something)

I think one of the main problems is that we are all still so so used to
1.4 and trying to work 2.0 as 1.4, we have to adjust slightly, but even
though I find it very stable, a lot more work (IMHO) needs to be done to
get it up to to usability level of 1.4, only then will non technical
folks find it easy to use.

These are my own personal views, please don't slat me for slagging off
Gnome or the hard work gone into it, I just want what every other Gnome
user wants and thats Gnome to succeed on the Desktop!

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;