Re: [G2R] Re: [Usability]thoughts on ui-review for fifth toe

>> nautilus-gtkhtml was dropped from the Desktop release because it
>> "should not be released with GNOME/Nautilus" full stop. At least
>> according to AlexL.
>
> 	Well - we need some accessible HTML viewer for the visually (and
> 	other)
> impaired people that are starting to try to use Gnome [ cf. the a11y
> list ].

If you remember, there was a lot of confusion about this due to the issues
surrounding gtkhtml1 and gtkhtml2. When that is resolved, perhaps we'll
have an opportunity to fix it.

>> I'm inclined to agree, given that we're moving away from
>> embedding browser bits in the Nautilus window.
>
> 	I think you are believing the crack smoking UI pundits, this is not
> good basis on which to make any decision.

Um, "dudie", that was a side comment from me, not a basis for the decision.
The decision was based on AlexL's unhappiness with gtkhtml2īs stability
(and how that makes nautilus look), and the confusion around gtkhtml1/2
development.

Unconstructive comments about contributors to GNOME usability work not
appreciated.

- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.