Re: [Usability]the gnome 2.0 default panel size

Hi AnI,

Please keep in mind that the limbo version of gnome-panel has a number of patches that the plain gnome version does not!

The calendar popup is a redhat feature (and the few pixels it stretches the panel, i filed a bug on this already), also the default menu's, sizes and theme are all redhat specific.

The correct list for these remarks would be:

Limbo-list mailing list
Limbo-list redhat com
https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/limbo-list

Regards,

       -- Chris

AnI AnI wrote:

Hello,
I just installed the latest Red Hat Beta (Limbo) and I have to comments about the Gnome2 Panel:

1. I think that the default panel size should be "Small (36 pixels)" instead of "Medium (48 pixels)", I have an 1024x768 LCD laptop screen, and I think that 48 pixels for a panel takes too much space.

2. I think that by default the clock applet should _not_ show the seconds and the date in the applet. I should only show the time, and the date should show up in the tooltip, or in the calendar that pops up when one clicks on the clock ( a very nice feature by the way ).

Thanks
-s