Re: [Usability]Re: The messy world of applications files

>So, if something like this is done:

>a) Some standard way of using localized names for these dirs should be
designed.
>b) There should be some way to warn app. writers about getting the
localized names instead of hardcoding them.

The best way (I think) would be to add a nice API call in gnome that solves
all the hassle of where to store and how to store things. This way you get
support from the programmers, since they can more easily implement things
like the saving of preferences and you can design a system that keeps track
off i18n.