[Usability]Re: Tree sidebar (was: Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices (back-button))

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 03:32, Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
> > > 	2) How do I reach sites in the web with such a tree?
> >
> > I guess you don't, for all the reasons you listed. There could be an "Open
> > URL" dialog though, like many browsers have. (Ctrl+O iirc)
>
> 	Know that nearly each browser has such a dialog. Never used them:
> Too far away. Too inconvenient. From my point of view not a viable
> replacement for a location entry field.

There is such thing. Just press Ctrl-L (same key combo as in mozilla
btw) when you have the location bar hidden: it nicely appears on the
toolbar, hilights the current URI so you can just type a new one and
press enter and it loads it and goes away - very handy.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::