Re: [Usability] Decision: instant apply window buttons

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 04:14, Calum Benson wrote:

> What we're intending to propose for the sort of window you're talking
> about is to have Try, Cancel and OK buttons.  There will never be a
> Close button, and Cancel will always undo ALL the changes you made in
> the dialog since you opened it, including multiple applications of "Try"
> if necessary.  This way, Cancel is semantically identical to its use in
> any other window or dialog, and there's none of the "what does Close
> mean" confusion you pointed out.

I like this approach. Particularly because when you've been messing
around in a settings dialog for a while, it's almost impossible to
remember all the things you need to undo, if you decide to give it
up as a bad job and go back to whatever settings you had before.